this page has moved

all updates are being made at
http://broomfieldfire.shutterfly.com/

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coach Jeb's Soccer Trick.... Practice 3/18/09

It's like riding a bike.
We don't need more broken arms on this team, so be watchful over the boys trying this at home. I 'm not teaching this at practice. I was only trying to show them something cool. Peyton won a bet with me and this was payment. He kept the ball in the air for 5 touches during our juggling practice.

I learned how to do this throw-in when I was 9-10 years old. At that age I could throw the ball 30 yards when most kids could only throw 15-20 yards at the most. It really took other teams by surprise. Now I can throw much farther. It's like a catapult.

If they insist on trying this (and some of them will), here is how I learned.
1. Learn to do a front handspring first. spot them until they learn to do a front handspring on their own. Have a soft landing ready. Matresses work well.When they are landing on their feet every time, then move on to step 2.
2. Have them try the handspring using a stuffed ball. Spot them to begin. when landing on their feet everytime, move on to step 3
3. Only until they are experts at that should they ever try using a real ball. Have a soft landing ready, and spot them. It is very different using a real ball.
Coach Jeb

No comments:

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds and custom web site design.